guitar

guitar
g

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

sick day 2012

Yesterday morning, Ms. Anita text me a couple of pictures of Garrison playing on the playground.  I thought it was so sweet that she took the time to send them to me (she knows I worry about G while he's at school). 


 Well, about 2 I had a very frantic voicemail on my phone from Ms. Susie.  She said she'd been trying to get in touch with both me and Will, that G was sick.  So I immediately went to school to find out he'd thrown up twice.  Sweet boy NEVER throws up.  On the way home, he threw up again (spaghetti....yuck).  So we gave him a bath, and he acted like he felt much better.
 We gave him some blue Gatorade.  One thing my parents always instilled in me is that when you're sick, make sure you have plenty of fluids so you don't dehydrate.  We even let him drink his Gatorade in the bathtub.  We got him out, put clothes on him, and he threw up blue Gatorade everywhere!

Will had called the doctor, and she finally called back.  She said it was definitely the stomach bug and called him in some phenergan.  I went to pick it up, and by the time I got home, he'd thrown up again.  Sweet boy.  Throwing up is hard for adults, but it was awful to see his little body try to throw up when nothing was left in him.  He was pitiful.  He just wanted to sit in our laps on the couch.

He started to feel a little better, so we gave him some pedialite and crackers......aaaaaaannnnnd he threw it all up.  FINALLY the phenergan started to kick in and sweet boy fell asleep.
I'm titling this post "sick day 2012" because I'm hoping this is the only sick day we have.  Emily sent me a link to a blog where the lady suggests drinking a glass of 100% grape juice every day to prevent the stomach bug.  I might be forcing everyone to drink grape juice!

No comments:

Post a Comment