guitar

guitar
g

Thursday, January 19, 2012

quiche

So.....I joined a cooking club.  It's called Sweet As Pie Cooking Club.  We are using recipes from The Pioneer Woman.

(I'm pausing now to give my brother time to laugh before I continue typing.  I know he's going to make fun of me!).

One of the recipes this month was quiche.  I absolutely LOVE quiche.  Will on the other hand HATES eggs and won't even taste it because he knows it has eggs in it.  Oh well, his loss!

This quiche has lots of butter and heavy cream, which I don't eat a lot of.  But it made it oh so good!

I pretty much followed the recipe with a few exceptions.  I cooked the bacon the night before, so I didn't cook the onions, mushrooms and artichokes in the same pan as the bacon.  I couldn't find grated swiss cheese, so I just bought a pack of slices and cut them up.  Which would have been fine, but I didn't buy enough, so I also added some cheddar cheese!  I also divided it between two pie crusts (that I bought....I'm not so sure I'm ready to tackle making a pie crust).

And although Will didn't like it...Garrison loved it!!  (Will can fend for himself).


No comments:

Post a Comment