guitar

guitar
g

Sunday, January 8, 2012

MS Blues Half Marathon

Yesterday I ran the MS Blues Half Marathon in Jackson.  Today I feel like I got run over by an 18 wheeler.

My time was 2 hours 30 seconds.  It's my slowest time, but considering I haven't run over 4 miles since my last half (November 19), I was pleased to even finish.  Seriously.  I was mad around mile 6 that I didn't have my cell phone to call will (which would have woken him up) to come pick me up!

At mile 3, I saw a guy pee on the side of the course. 

At mile 11, the winner of the full marathon passed me.  He was on mile 24!

The course was extremely hilly.  It was mentally as well as physically tough.  But I'm glad I did it!  I'm keeping a running log of how many miles I run in 2012.  After yesterday I'm not sure I'll ever be able to walk normally again, much less run!  Ha!

The highlight definitely was seeing Will at the finish line!  I was so excited he made it!  The whole race I thought about how much I love him - despite everything we've been through I love that crazy guy!


1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you! And I love this post so much. I love your family!!

    ReplyDelete