guitar

guitar
g

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Birthday Boy

I cannot believe Garrison is two.  People always say your children grow up fast, but boy have these last two years flown by!  I just saw someone coming out of the post office who asked me how Garrison is - when I told her he just turned two, she said, "And you'll blink and he'll be graduating from high school!"  I'm not quite ready for that yet!

We had a Dr. Seuss themed birthday party.  He loves Dr. Seuss books and the tv show (Actually, Will loves it as much or more than Garrison does - they watch it almost every morning). 

His cake was a hat like the cat wears....complete with Fish coming out of it!

I printed a picture from every month he's been alive and hung them on a banner.  It's amazing to see how much he's changed!





 He has been a little obsessed about my dad wearing hats lately.  He always wants to wear my dad's hat.  So my parents bought him a Cat in the Hat book that came with a hat.  And then my mom made my dad one!  G loved it!
My mom made him Cat in the Hat pants, and I had a #2 shirt made for him!  So sweet.




In this picture, he's saying "two" - I love how he purses his lips while he's saying two.  



 I hate this picture of me, but I love it at the same time.  A lot of times I feel like Will is the "fun" one - he gets on the floor and plays with G while I do the more practical things.  I want Garrison to one day know that I did play with him too!

The terrible twos... So I think he hit the terrible twos the night before his birthday.  It was like a switch flipped.  And boy has it been a struggle!  He's strong willed (which comes honestly), but it seems like he's just constantly testing our limits.  Parenting can be hard.  Disciplining can be hard.  I know why it's easier to not discipline and just let a kid get away with anything.  But ultimately I want to raise Garrison to please God, not me or Will. 



Happy birthday sweet boy.  You are amazing and a blessing.  We love you with everything in us and with a love only God can give us.  I hope to celebrate many, many more birthdays with you!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I know God is smiling right now! Happy Birthday to the sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete