guitar

guitar
g

Thursday, April 12, 2012

10 on Thursday

Marianna and I are doing another blog challenge.  We have to post 10 things on Thursday.  I told her I'm going to have to write stuff down during the week so I'll remember them.  But we want to remember the little things, not just the big ones.  And this is a perfect way to do it.  So here goes....

1.  I use exclamation points a lot.  I just edited 4 out of the previous 3 sentences.  Not sure how that works...I guess I used two at the end of one sentence.  But now that I brought it to your attention, you're going to notice it too! (See I just did it).

2.  A couple of weeks ago I took pictures at Garrison's Mother's Morning Out program.  It was fun but a lot of work!  I told Will that it was harder to take pictures there than at a wedding.  Here is his school picture....

And his class.  We absolutely love his teacher, Robin.  She is so sweet and loves those kids.  We are going to miss her next year.  I wish she could just move up to the next class with him!

3.  Last weekend I had a wedding in Aliceville, AL.  Will took Garrison to the park and sent me this picture.  Since then I took him to the park once and Beber and Lar took him.  He loves it!  He loves going down the slide like a big boy!

4.   I am reading a book about potty training.  One of the things it suggests is to use a baby doll that wets.  Garrison loves it!  I have a feeling I might be able to black mail him with this picture one day!
5.  The reason I think it might be time to start potty training is he hides to poop.  If he's at home, he will go in the guest bathroom and shut the door.  If you try to open it, he says, "No" and slams the door shut.  I found him like this the other day....hiding under the table using the bathroom.

 
6.  A few weekends ago my mom started working on his numbers with him.  She would count from 1 to 5 with him.  We count things pretty regularly - steps especially.  One day I got to 5 and he said 6.  I almost passed out!  So we've been practicing counting to 10.  Beber always counts his fingers and toes so I know he is getting lots of practice.  Here's a short video of him counting.  Except he was more interested in watching himself than actually counting!


7.  I thought he was pretty cute with his nose and chin smushed up against the glass!

8.  On Easter Sunday our friend Caleb wore his hat to church.  Garrison wanted to put it on and wouldn't take it off!  Garrison also had his debut in acting in church.  The kids waved palm leaves during the contemporary service while we played "Hosanna."  I was a little apprehensive about how he would do.  I was afraid he'd see Will and want to come on stage.  But the pastor's wife held him as they walked around and he did great!

9.  Garrison loves to chase the dogs with whatever he can find.  Sometimes it's his dino.  Sometimes it's his grocery cart.  Sometimes it's his broom.  Or rake.  Will sent me this picture one day and said he was "dog hunting."  He definitely looks like he's up to something!
 10.  My parents camped for a few days this week in Columbus.  It was Garrison's first time camping.  He spent a couple of nights with them.  It was nice to have them in town - mom cooked every night.  I'm sure both Will and Garrison were glad to have some Nana food.  Hayden always says Nana food is the best, and I agree!  Garrison's favorite was the macaroni and cheese.  He is so picky with food, but when he finds something he likes, he sticks to it!  I meant to take some "real" pictures of him at the campground but never got around to it.  Maybe they will come back soon and I can take some!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment