guitar

guitar
g

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

prayers

Tonight I was rocking Garrison to sleep.  I love Wednesday nights because it's the only time he lets me rock him.  If Will is here, he wants Dada to rock him.  (He will cry if I even try!).  So tonight I was rocking him and prayed like I do every Wednesday.  He always holds two of my fingers - one in each hand - while I pray. 

As a side note....it's really been humbling to pray with/over/for Garrison.  I know I can't hide anything from God anyway, but it's like I'm stripped bare.  It's hard to put into words.  It's like I can't lie to God in front of Garrison.

Anyway, I finished and he said, "More."  So I prayed some more.  I got quiet - I never really end my prayers with him with "Amen." And he said, "More" again!  I couldn't believe it...he wanted me to keep praying.  So I asked him who he wanted to pray for.  That was the first time I've ever asked him that.  I've always been the one who prayed.  I guess because he only says a few words I didn't think about asking if he wanted to pray.  But he did!  He wanted to be included!  And I'm absolutely certain his prayers are more innocent than mine!

I asked him again who he wanted to pray for and he said "Pop."

I asked who else?  He said, "Nana."

Who else?
Mama

Who else?
Dada

We prayed for Mama and Dada a few more times!

Who else?
Be Be (which is what he calls Beber)

Who else? 
xz (which is what he calls Tozer)

Who else?
Bo Bo

Who else?  I suggested Lar.  We've never practiced saying Mr. Larrys' name very much, but he said what sounded like, "Air."  That's the first time he's said that!

So I said Amen.  He said, "Men."  Then said, "Yay!!!!!"

What a special time.  We can learn so much from the simplicity and innocence of his prayers.

2 comments: