guitar

guitar
g

Thursday, April 19, 2012

a week in review

Trying to remember 10 things that have happened has proven to be hard and time consuming!  I had great intentions of making a note of them in my phone, but only wrote down 4 things.  So I thought maybe it would be easier to recap the week.

1.  Last weekend Will and I had separate weddings in Oxford.  Will had to film the rehearsal dinner, so I hung out with Tim and the boys at Tim and Stephanie's new house.  It was so fun and relaxing.  We just talked and hung out.  The rehearsal dinner went late, and I would have never gone had I known I would be there that late - I felt bad because Tim had a scrimmage the next morning.  But it was fun to just hang out and see the new house. 

2.  While we were in Oxford, Garrison stayed at Lala's with Beber and Lar.  He has shortened Beber to Bebe.  It will be interesting to see what sticks!  Saturday was Lar's birthday, so we had a birthday cake and Garrison helped blow out the candles.  Lar also bought him a toy lawn mower and wheel barrow.  Oh if it only really worked we wouldn't have to pay someone to cut our grass! 

3.  If we are in the car and Will leans over to kiss me, Garrison always leans forward in his car seat for us to kiss him too.  It's pretty sweet!

4.  I was in the master bathroom and didn't have any toilet paper (I know, too much information!) and asked Garrison to go in the guest bath and get me a roll.  I asked not really thinking he'd do it, but a few minutes later he came back with a roll!  I thought that was impressive considering he doesn't even use toilet paper!!!

5.  One night this week I laid him in his bed to go to sleep and I sat in the glider and read on my Ipad.  I heard him say "Ipad"!  Ha!  He loves to watch the wheels on the bus on youtube on the Ipad and will say "bus" to get us to play it.  Sometimes he gets it confused and says, "Ibus."

6.  This morning we ate breakfast at the Ranch House.  It's about the most redneck place in Columbus, but one of the only places that serves breakfast.  Garrison started screaming - just a high pitched scream to get our attention.  We kept telling him to use his inside voice, and we don't scream in restaurants.  He kept doing it, so I took him to the bathroom and spanked him.  That's the first time that's happened!  And he knew what was coming!  He started crying before I spanked him.  I talked to him and told him we don't scream in restaurants and that he was being punished because he disobeyed.  So when we got back to the table, I said "Garrison, do we scream in restaurants?"  He pointed to the bathroom then patted his leg where I spanked him!  Ha!  Will said, "You're a fast learner!"



7.  He's learned that you not only can ride or push the dino, but you can stand on it!


8.  I guess the little turkey loves peanut butter as much as I do!  

9.  He loves lemonade from Chik Fil A (who doesn't???).  I think it's hilarious how he says lemonade.  Yesterday we ate at peppers, so I got him pink lemonade to see if he liked it!

 

10.   This has been a hard week.  Our friends Caleb and Emily lost a baby in November.  Actually Monday was 5 months exactly.  From the moment I heard I just wept and cried for them.  Sometimes I feel guilty for having Garrison around them so much, but she says that he is a blessing and she loves being around him.  I just know personally it would be extremely hard for me!  She thought she may be pregnant but texted last night and said she's not.  I just know all too well the emotions that come with the anticipation of the possibility of being pregnant or not.  And then to start your period....well, as Emily says, it's a bloody reminder of what your heart longs for.  I don't mean to end this post on a down note, but my heart is just heavy for them.  I guess they could just use all the prayers they could get.  I prayed last night that in God's timing they would get pregnant.  But God's timing is so hard, so in the waiting time that He would draw close to them.  One day I can't wait to post that they are pregnant and then one day post pictures of their baby. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment