guitar

guitar
g

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Shakerag Half Marathon

A couple of weeks ago I ran my second half marathon.  Our friends Josh and Jenifer drove down from Little Rock to also run it.  I didn't train as hard for this one as I did the half in September, so I wasn't sure how I would do.  It started off chilly, but I quickly warmed up and shed my jacket by the water station at mile 2.  The course was not very hilly, but the wind was brutal.  It blew towards us the whole race.  It felt like running uphill to me.  I finished in 2 hours 17 minutes and 53 seconds.  Tim was staying with the team right across the street from the start/finish line and he came over to cheer me on!  I'm glad he was there as I crossed the finish - Will missed it AGAIN!  Ha.  Someone asked me if I was mad that he missed it....heck no!  He was taking care of Garrison.  If it weren't for him, I wouldn't be able to run!

Thanks, Tim for taking this picture!

This is before the race started.  We were COLD!

Sweet P waiting for her Mama and Daddy to cross the finish line!

Mackenzie was so proud!  When Josh and Jenifer were about to cross the finish line, I took Mac to them, and Josh picked her up and ran with her across the finish.  I think we all lost it.

Post race.  Josh and Jenifer look exactly the same as they did before - I look like a hot mess, and Jenifer does NOT look like she just ran 13.1 miles!!


I love this sweet family of 4.


Jenifer and I both have been trying to figure out when we can run our next race!



No comments:

Post a Comment