guitar

guitar
g

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

hiking

Sunday we took Garrison on his first hiking trip.  Well, it started out as just a picnic.  Last year for Mother's Day (2010) all I wanted was to go on a picnic with Will and G.  I think it was raining that day, so we didn't go.  I'm not sure what our other excuses were for the past year and a half, but we never went on that picnic.  So Sunday we decided to go out to Plymouth Bluff for my Mother's Day picnic.  We picked up McAlisters on the way (we were really roughing it) and headed out.  Garrison fell asleep on the way, so we sat in the car and ate lunch.  When he woke up we decided to take him on a little hike.  They have a loop that is 1.1 miles, and I thought that would be perfect. 

Just a little side note....I LOVE the outdoors.  When it's nice weather, I could be outside every day.  My dad and I have hiked and camped and not showered for a week.  And I love every minute.  My sweet husband on the other hand would rather be sipping coffee in a coffee shop somewhere.  He says the only time he's going to camp is if we are in an RV at a lake with air conditioning, satellite TV, and a jet ski.  You can see where this story is headed.



We walk for a little bit, and Garrison did great.  He even had a stick that we called his "walking stick" - my dad would have been so proud!  Then he (Garrison, not Will) got a bit whiny and wanted Will to carry him.  Carrying an extra 30 pounds for any length of time can get tiring.  We switched back and forth, and Garrison seemed to be doing great. 



Our friend Chris was also hiking, and he asked if I wanted to run the mile loop.  Sure!  So we take off in one direction to loop back around to Will and Garrison.  (Another side note....running a trail is a lot harder than running on pavement!).  When we got back to Will and Garrison I immediately knew something was wrong.  Will said, "The hike is over.  Garrison threw up!"  It was all over Will!  Nasty!  Will said as soon as we started running Garrison started crying for me.  He never cries for me - he ALWAYS wants Will.  He cried so hard he made himself throw up.  Or so we thought.  Monday he threw up  - all over Will again!!!  We called the doctor and he had a stomach virus.  Sweet baby.  What an awful way to end your first hike!

My mom called this morning - she caugh the stomach virus from Garrison! 

No comments:

Post a Comment