guitar

guitar
g

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

parenting fail

Some days are harder than others.  Some weeks are harder.  This has been one of those weeks, and it's only Tuesday!  Will had a huge video project due this morning for the Columbus Housing Authority, so he has worked practically non-stop since Sunday.  That means I've pretty much been a single parent...which is extremely hard!

A couple of things have happened in the past few days that have made me wonder why in the world God entrusted us with a child.  Will worked all night last night - he didn't go to bed at all.  He worked straight through the night.  We had several errands to run this morning and a meeting at noon, so he didn't lay down until around 1:15 for a nap.  That's his excuse...I don't have one!  I was just sleepy and wanted to take a nap.  So we laid down at 1:15 and I set my alarm for 1:40 so I could pick up Garrison at 2.  At least I THOUGHT I set it for 1:40.  I really set it for 12:40 so it never went off.  I woke up panicked at 2:08!!!  Sweet boy was still at school.  I felt horrible. 

Yesterday we had another incident that isn't so much a parenting fail as a communication fail.  I had an appointment yesterday morning and Will changed Garrison's diaper while I was gone.  When I started to put Garrison down for a nap later he had a stinky diaper. When I started to change it, I realized Will had used the LAST diaper and didn't tell me!!!!  So what did I do?  Cleaned to poop, wrapped a dish towel around him, put on his pants and took him to Sunflower!  Although I left him in the car while I ran in to buy diapers!  (Much to the horror of my mom who told me the police were going to get me for that!)


No comments:

Post a Comment