guitar

guitar
g

Sunday, December 11, 2011

parked car

This happened several weeks ago, but I forgot to blog about it.  It was too good to not share, though!  Garrison and I had been grocery shopping in Kroger.  We walked out and saw this....

I thought, "I think that's the Land Rover...."  As I walked closer, I saw and old man bending down and looking at the bumper.  The conversation went something like this...

Him:  "Is that your car?"
Me:  "Yep.  Is that yours?"
Him:  "Yeah....I had parked it, and I know I put the brake on."
Me:  "You mean it rolled from the parking place?"
Him:  "Yeah.  I was in the store and they called my name over the speaker.  I came out and my truck had done rolled over here.  I know I put the brake on."
Me:  "You weren't in the truck?"
Him:  "No.  I was in the store.  I know I put the brake on."
Me:  "You have insurance?"
Him:  "Well it's expired"
Me:  "That means you don't have insurance.  Wait right here while I call the cops."
Him: "Ok.  I know I put the brake on."

It ended up not doing any damage.  Once he moved his truck the bumper on the Land Rover popped right back out.  The police officer and I laughed about him getting a call about a wreck in the Kroger parking lot with no driver in either car!  Here's the man who thought he put the brake on (and no, he is not posing for a picture!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment