guitar

guitar
g

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

first day of school

Today was Garrison's first day at school - well, a little Mother's Morning Out program at a local church. 

He did so good when we dropped him off!  He whined a little bit, but he didn't have an all out melt down like I expected.  (Thursday may be a different story)!  We walked out of the room and peeked through the window, and he was playing a xylophone and had a little smile! 

Of course I had to take pictures before we left!



Will and I both went to pick up G from school!  I was so excited to go get him I was giddy!  We walked in his room, and he immediately crawled to us!  I could tell he had been crying.  His teacher said, "He was good until nap time."  She said he did NOT want to take a nap!  I don't blame him - he's 17 months, we still rock him to sleep, and he's never had to sleep on a mat ON THE FLOOR!!!  No wonder he didn't take a nap.
He didn't eat a snack.  They eat snacks at 9:45.  Booger slept until 8 this morning (we had to wake him up to get him ready for school), so he wasn't ready for a snack an hour and a half after breakfast.  He ate SOME of his lunch (it couldn't have been much because not much was gone). 
I think it was a long day for everyone.  We got his teacher a gift card to Beans and Cream.  She's going to need some caffeine for Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Love, love the pictures!!! And I'm glad he had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your family. And I love these pictures of Garrison. Sweet boy. It's still hard for me to imagine him walking! He's still supposed to be this tiny little five-pounder! I need to see y'all soon. All three of y'all!

    ReplyDelete