guitar

guitar
g

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

pooping in the tub

Oh my word, this has been the craziest day ever. 

We have always been able to run errands with Garrison.  We've just taken him wherever we've gone, and he's always been great.  But he's getting to the age that he doesn't want to just sit in the buggy.  Today we went to Lowe's to look at track lighting.  Garrison wanted OUT of the buggy.  So I put him in the back end (I've never let him ride back there!).  He didn't want to just be out of the  basket part, he wanted out of the buggy all together.  So we let him out.  He walked around for a minute until he realized he could push the buggy...on his hands and knees.  We tried to pick him up.  He screamed.  I mean, he pitched a fit.  So we let him crawl around.  He was NASTY.  And then he headed straight for someone else's buggy to push!  We grabbed him up and quickly left the store.  On the way out, Will said, "We are THOSE parents who let their kid crawl on the floor of Lowe's.  How disgusting."

This afternoon Will went to work on the studio, so I was home with G.  And he whined all afternoon.  I thought I was going to lose it.  I wondered if 5:30 was too early to put him to bed.  Actually, several times today Will asked if we should enroll him in a 5 day a week day care! 

One positive thing was I cooked supper, and Garrison actually ate it!  He LOVED it!  He ate it up.  He liked it so much that I decided to send him some to school tomorrow.

So I'm letting Garrison play in the bathtub, and he keeps standing up and tooting.  And then he would laugh at himself.  I thought, "He's just being a boy!"

Then he laid down and pooped.  In the bath water.

I quickly grabbed him out of the water, and as I turned to get a towel, he peed on the floor.  And started playing in it on the tile.

All this time I heard something going on in the kitchen.  I should have known Tozer was up to something because Bo kept coming into the bathroom.  I walked through the bathroom to Garrison's room and realized the dang dogs had eaten our supper that I'd just cooked!!!   And that was what I'd planned for Garrison to have in his lunch box!

But what can I do but laugh?  I love that little booger.  I love Will.  I even love those dogs.  And even in the frustrating times, I'm thankful we are with him as much as we are....although I am looking forward to him going to school tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment