guitar

guitar
g

Saturday, July 23, 2011

days like today

I absolutely LOVE days like today....days that we just spend together as a family with no agenda.  I know that's crazy because we spend EVERY day together.  But today we spent time together and didn't work.  It's rare that we have a Saturday off and are actually in town. 

We started off the morning with French toast and a waffle and then just ran errands all over town.  I have a crazy idea about using an old clawfoot bathtub as a couch in the new studio, so we were looking for a bathtub.  We were also looking for the correct wiring/attachments to make new light fixtures out of mason jars for the studio.  We went to Lowe's and Marvin's (home improvement stores)...most women would hate going there, but I love going (probably even more than Will!).

Our last place to look was Military Hardware, and I cannot say enough about how great and helpful they were!  We should have started off there - after all, they are just a block from our house!  My dad walks down every time my parents come to Columbus, so when I told them who I was, they were excited to see us.  AND it ends up that they keep G in the nursery at church.  Mr. Bill said, "I think he was the one I held the whole time a couple of Sundays ago."  Yep, he would be the one who screams every time we drop him off! 

When we were getting ready, we tried to put Garrison's New Balance tennis shoes on him and realized they are almost too small.  So we broke out his Chuck Taylor Converse shoes.  He and Will matched!

I love days like today...just spending time with my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment