guitar

guitar
g

Monday, July 18, 2011

reality check

 Several things have happened that made me realize I have a child....he's MINE.  I'm not just babysitting.  The first time I changed his diaper in a public restroom was one of those times.  This weekend we had another reality check.  His forms for "school" came in.  We are starting him in a Mother's Morning Out program at a local church in August. 

When they said August, I thought they meant the end of the month.  Nope!  It starts August 9!!  That's so soon.  I'm not sure I'm ready.  I'm not sure he's ready, either.  I know he's going to cry when we leave him.  He cries every Sunday when we leave him in the nursery at church, so I know school is not going to be any different.

There are only 4 kids in his class.  We already know one of them, Ethan.  Will and I are friends with Ethan's parents, and Ethan has been in our Kindermusik class.  Ethan and Garrison are both only children, so that should be interesting - neither have ever had to share!

He has to have a nap mat.  Seriously?  Until about three weeks ago he took naps on our bed.  And now he's going to lay on a mat on the floor?  I wish his teachers good luck with that one!  My mom and I are going to make his nap mat, so I've spent several hours online looking for just the right material.  I know I want the blanket part to be minky.  But finding a cute material for the mat part has proven harder than I thought.  I'll see something cute, show it to Will, and within two seconds I know if he thinks it's too girly or not.  The only material he's approved so far has guitars on it....go figure!

The program is from 9am - 2pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  We can't drop him off before 8:55, and if we are late picking him up, we get fined.  Will and I are not the most punctual people.  Giving us a 5 minute time frame is going to be challenging!

We also have to pack Garrison's lunch every day.  He's such a picky eater.  I can't send him a smoothie every day to school.  Are the teachers going to help him eat?  They can't expect a 17 month old to feed himself.  And what if I send something and he refuses to eat it?



Let the adventure begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment