guitar

guitar
g

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Running

Will and I have started exercising. We both started out running, but Will ran throughout high school and his knee bothers him, so instead he now swims. I've tried swimming on my off days, but feel like I'm going to drown. As my friend Jenifer said, I'd rather float. On a raft. I've stuck with running and am actually training for a 14.2 mile race in September. I'm sure many more posts will be about that!

I ran my first race ever this past Monday. It was Oxford's stars and stripes 4th of July race to benefit the local animal shelter. My friend Carla agreed to run it with me. I've never run with anyone before so I was a little apprehensive. We ended up being great running partners.  We kept the same pace and would take walking breaks when needed.  I was glad she didn't want to talk the whole run - we both listened to music. I listened to Allison Krauss' version of "I'll Fly Away," and Carla listened to Mumford and Sons as we crossed the finish line!

I told Will I hoped to finish in 35 minutes. I'm a really slow runner. And it was super hot. And there wasn't much shade. I didn't keep up with our time, so I was happy to find out our official time was 32:17!!

No comments:

Post a Comment