guitar

guitar
g

Monday, July 11, 2011

"Sleep and Dreams"


One of Will's mentors is Charlie Hall.  Charlie and his wife Kimber have both been great friends and have shared their lives with us.  We will be forever grateful to them for their friendship.  This is a picture I took of Charlie when his band was in Oxford last year.  Garrison LOVED it!
One of my favorite songs on Charlie's latest CD is called "Sleep and Dreams."  I sing it over Garrison every time I rock him to sleep.  Here are words...

Close your eyes it’s time to sleep 
The day is done and it’s the time to breathe and dream

I pray that bands of angels fill your room 
And the songs of God would come consume you
 
Rest your head on hallelujahs 
Rest your head on all God is
Rest your head the day is done 
And now its time to sleep

Put your mind on things above
Let your heart be filled with faith and hope and love

A couple of nights ago I was singing it to Garrison, and he just laid his head down on the arm of the chair and went to sleep.  So sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment