guitar

guitar
g

Friday, July 8, 2011

Smoothies

I know it shocks a lot of people that I make Garrison's baby food. I don't cook a lot for Will and me, so taking on the task of making ALL of his food was a little overwhelming.  But I love it!  Because I've tried to make his food healthy, he sometimes rebels against it. (I have a lot of frozen eggplant/butternut squash that he won't eat). If he doesn't like something, he just spits it out. It's pretty funny.

But one thing he absolutely LOVES is a fruit smoothie. Every day after swim we make him one. And usually he drinks two 8 ounce cups of it! This is my made up recipe...

1 banana
5-6 strawberries
(a peach, mango, blueberries or any other fruit I may have)
1 avocado
1 Tablespoon almond butter
2-3 Tablespoons vanilla low fat yogurt
Milk

This was him eating it yesterday.  I love those big brown eyes - he will look at us over the rim of his cup.  And look at how his feet are crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment