guitar

guitar
g

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

our little artist

Yesterday Will went to Okalona to shoot a video for church.  Our church has adopted a family who lost everything they had in the tornado that went through Smithville, MS in April.  He went to film their story to see how our church can help them.  He said it was definitely like a third world country - they didn't have glass in the windows of their trailer, and they don't have air conditioning!  Can you imagine?  It's a furnace in MS right now!!  He said they didn't have much before the tornado, but they lost EVERYTHING.  So sad.

While he was gone, Garrison and I painted.  He really didn't like touching the canvas as much as he liked sticking his finger in the paints and mashing it around in his hands.  By the end, he had it all over him!  One time he even wiped his eyes like he was sleepy, and it got all over his face.  Sweet boy.  He never wears just a diaper - we always have clothes on him.  But I quickly realized I should probably take his clothes off - even though it was washable paint, I didn't want it to get all over his clothes.

I also realized that I think I'm going to be one of THOSE moms that frames all her kid's artwork!







No comments:

Post a Comment